Wednesday 13 August 2014

Shake a pom pom!

18. Do something arty that I've never tried before
 
Today I completed another item on my list - that's 2 ticked off now!  I'd noticed a few weeks ago that Paperchase were offering some craft classes, including one on how to make paper pom poms.  So, having never tried that before, I signed up and went along today.  Unfortunately I was the only one at the class, but the two members of staff were lovely and chatty, so it wasn't weird.  I made a big, blue and frouffy (there is no other word for it) pom pom from tissue paper.  It's pretty massive, and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it now!  I think these would look amazing if there were loads of them, all different colours and sizes, suspended from the ceiling in a room, perhaps for a wedding or a party.
 
 
The next thing I made, was less of a pom pom and more of an origami flower.  They had some nice coloured paper to use, which worked well, as it was a different colour on each side.  Again, so simple to make, but they look pretty!  They had several 'here's one we made earlier', including some that were hanging off a ribbon, almost like fairy lights.  I made a smaller one from handmade paper when I got home.
 
 

And I made some smaller versions of the pom poms at home as well.  They actually work better on a larger scale, than small, but it was good to experiment.  They might not be massively original, spectacularly arty, or a masterpiece of a creation, but it felt good just to sit for an hour and try something without any pressure.  I needed that.

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely frouffy! I giggled at the fact the car outside the window in the pic colour coordinates with the pom pom!!

    ReplyDelete