Saturday 27 September 2014

Sewing Projects - Part 1

19. Make something new on my sewing machine every month
 
I'm half way through this one, so thought I would give a 6 month progress report.  (Click on the photos to see larger versions)
 
 
In April I made a larger sized apron for Ishbel (my oldest niece) from some fabric from Rwanda.  (It's good for baking cakes with Granny Dot and her middle sister, Eryn.)  In May I stitched some hand-made paper and made it into a card.  I also used my Rwandan fabric to make some mini bunting for my room.  June's item was a wee drawstring bag, perfect for storing things for going on holiday.

 
In July I made a wee case for needles - I like the heart button on the outside.  I felt a bit desperate in August, so just stitched some photos onto cards.  And for September, I made a little bag for the boot of my car to hold plastic bags for going to the shops.  Save the planet and all that...
 
So 6 months down, 6 to go.  I've found this item on my list pretty challenging to be honest.  People who know me as being creative might think it comes naturally to me, but sadly it doesn't.  My technical skills are fine, once I know what I'm doing.  And that's my problem - coming up with decent ideas to begin with.  I still struggle to shake off the bad feelings from art school and that pressure to make something 'worthwhile'.  Perhaps by the time I hit 30, I might feel better about it?!? 
 

1 comment:

  1. Would it count if you gave me a sewing machine lesson...? I have recently acquired one! I need one of those bags for bags for the car! I'm also sure I could give you some ideas - I'm always after things for work ;)

    ReplyDelete