Tuesday 1 November 2016

Up and Autumn

One of the disadvantages of working in retail is that you're always thinking ahead to the next season or event.  I work part time in a gift shop, and we've been receiving our Christmas stock for some time now.  Now that we're into November it's going to descend into full on Christmas mode!  I'm sure this applies to many jobs.  It can be hard to stop and enjoy the moment when things around you are looking and moving forward so much and so quickly. 
 
That's one of the reasons I've enjoyed this photo a day project.  It makes me stop and take notice of what's around me each day.  Even when I'm not in the position to stop and take a photo (like if I'm driving), I find myself registering small moments more frequently.  Like the amazing autumnal colours.  The fact that we've had an unusual number of sunny days over the past month - a definite bonus at this time of year (make that any time of year for Scotland)!
 
These are the moments that have made me smile from the past few weeks...
 
 
 
Day 272: What lies beneath; Day 273: I didn't actually take this photo, but it was too special not to share - this wee one, plus 47 other kids, were rescued from the streets of Kampala that day and brought under the care of Dwelling Places. Those eyes... ; Day 274: Weekend wedding travels; Day 275: Congratulations to the new Mr & Mrs McNair!; Day 276: The morning after - enjoying some fresh air and gorgeous weather; Day 277: Getting my autumn on; Day 278: Nose in a book; Day 279: Pattern love; Day 280: Night vision; Day 281: Friyay!; Day 282: Day off tomorrow; Day 283: Leafy autumn colours in the sunshine

 
Day 284: Monday motivation in a cup; Day 285: Adventures with Bear Grylls!; Day 286: Happy birthday to my lovely mum; Day 287: Peachy tones as the sun sets; Day 288: Family likeness; Day 289: Getting to model cosy scarves for my work Instagram!; Day 290: Spontaneous Sunday catch ups; Day 291: Sparkly prosecco & winter berry flavoured crisps?!; Day 292: Canopy of lit up leaves; Day 293: A reminder of how fortunate I am to have access to clean, safe drinking water; Day 294: Autumnal sunset; Day 295: Definitely a soup day, Glad I work a few doors down from a fab deli! 

 
Day 296: Beautiful day for a wedding; Day 297: Tenement details; Day 298: Beautifully dramatic clouds; Day 299: Autumn denial with this tropical looking beauty; Day 300: Feeling thankful that these guys can still talk me down from a temper tantrum. Even over the phone!; Day 301: Guard dogs?! Day 302: Friday night + slippers + film + company = :) Day 303: Bare trees, warm heart; Day 304 (large): Beautiful day walking for miles on the beaches at Prestwick & Troon

No comments:

Post a Comment