Wednesday 23 July 2014

#tryingtoconvincemyselfthatiamnottoooldforhashtags

16. Do a 30 day photography project

I'm so pleased that I've completed the first thing on my 30:30 list!  During the month of June I did a photo-a-day project on Instagram, where I had a different theme or word for each day.  Instagram is definitely a good way of getting used to #hashtags.  Next stop, Twitter?!!  Some days were much easier than others to think of what to photograph.  But I really enjoyed doing this, and will definitely do another one in the future. 

Here are my photos:


(Click on the photo to see a larger version)

These are the words/ themes (as set by @fatmumslim on Instagram):

Day 1: Joy (a hot chocolate on a rainy Sunday afternoon)
Day 2: Doing (some piano practice)
Day 3: Family (the swans in my bathroom)
Day 4: Ordinary (standard day in Glasgow - wet!)
Day 5: 11 o'clock (pile of papers to get through at work)
Day 6: Adventure (researching my helicopter ride)
Day 7: Pattern (pretty mugs)
Day 8: T is for... (tulips!)
Day 9: We live here (a wee corner in my flat)
Day 10: Flying (bird in the sky)
Day 11: The beginning (most important meal of the day!)
Day 12: Pastel (embroidery threads)
Day 13: Simply (classic Glasgow)
Day 14: Cross (legged on the sofa with my dinner)
Day 15: Lovely (summery fruit salad)
Day 16: In the shadows (window blinds)
Day 17: Peaceful (sunny evening in the Botanics)
Day 18: Quirky (wee giraffe pals from Rwanda)
Day 19: Habit (sitting in the car)
Day 20: Yay! (happy holidays)
Day 21: Here I am (in Beijing)
Day 22: Growing (expanding my cultural mind in China)
Day 23: In this moment (an amazing walk on the Great Wall)
Day 24: What June looks like (frozen yogurt)
Day 25: Sun flare (in the Botanics, Glasgow)
Day 26: Dreaming (while riding a bike round the city walls in Xi'an)
Day 27: Loving (a bit of culture at the Terracotta Warriors)
Day 28: Bed (another day, another hotel)
Day 29: Delight (evening show on the water in Yangshuo)
Day 30: The end (leaving Yangshuo and the first completed item on my 30:30 list!)


More photos and thoughts on China coming soon...

1 comment: