Sunday 30 November 2014

Alterations

Originally I had given myself the option of changing two things on my list if I didn't think they were going to be achievable.  I might have to go back on that!
 
As I've said previously, I didn't quite think through the financial implications of doing something like this, and should have thought of more cheap/ free things for my list.  For example, I think flying first class is totally unrealistic for me at the moment (perhaps ever?!).  I've clocked up quite a few air miles this year and did walk through business class on the way to my seat, but I don't think that counts somehow.
 
So I've come up with a few alternatives.  I'd still like to achieve as much as I can from the original list, but it's good to have these as backups:
 
- Create a life soundtrack
- Invent a flavour of ice cream
- Buy flowers for myself
- Take up pilates
- Learn to whistle with my fingers
- Learn to carve a turkey properly
- Start a pension
- Go outdoor ice skating at Christmas
 
I'm definitely going to be substituting something from the above list for the following: 
8. Fly first class (too expensive)
11. Do an evening class in something I haven't tried before (costly, and nothing that interests me enough)
14. Read the instruction manual for my camera and finally learn how to use it properly (don't have the motivation to do it)
 
Only 4 months to go...eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment