Wednesday 26 November 2014

And relax...

25. Get a massage
 
I had my first ever massage this morning!  I decided to stop putting it off and booked myself in for a neck, back and shoulder massage at a place just up the road from my flat.  My expectations were that it was going to tickle, I'd be told I had really tense shoulders and lots of knots (whatever they are), that it might be sore and that I'd end up laughing or burping or some other inappropriate reaction (sole blame for me having the wrong reactions to situations such as this lies with my mum).
 
Fortunately it didn't tickle, the girl didn't say anything about me, it was only a tiny bit sore at points and I didn't laugh or burp.  It definitely felt a bit weird, but it was relaxing too.  My shoulders still feel a bit sore, but they've been like that for a while and I guess massages work better over a period of time rather than one quick fix.  I could get used to having a massage every week...
 
So that's 6 items completed now from my list!  And about 9 more underway. 
 
There are some things on my list which I know I will not complete, such as number 8 Fly first class.  And other I feel a bit dubious about (Am I going to have time to take a road trip around Scotland? Or the money to have a weekend city break in Europe?).  I wondered about learning to whistle properly, and looked at some videos on YouTube yesterday.  But after 10 minutes practice all I had was a sore mouth and lots of spit to clear up (lovely).
 
So I'd like some suggestions of alternative ideas!  The cheaper (or free) the better.  Any thoughts?
 
Other relaxing things I have done this past week are going for a walk in Mugdock Country Park, eating brownies, and going to Luss with my uni friends and getting this fab photo:
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photo Katie. It's beautiful. Glad the massage went well, Lynne is good at shoulders, remember to ask her. Will try to think of some more 30:30 ideas although if I do I don't want any complaints that they are too random!!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete