Saturday 20 December 2014

Lettuce Leaf

21. Lose 1 stone
 
I can’t quite believe I’ve completed this one.  And in 7 months!
 
I know the message should be that it’s about what’s on the inside, not the outside.  Size doesn’t matter, we’re all different, and so on.  But for me, it’s about feeling comfortable in my own skin.  And for a variety of reasons, I haven’t felt like that for a while.  It’s not that I was over-weight, but I didn’t feel good about myself and struggled to do anything about it. 
 
I’d love to say that my new exercise regime and strict diet helped me lose this weight, but I think it’s been a combination of being stressed, skint, and eating less pasta!  When I first went to uni, I developed a really bad habit of comfort eating.  Independence definitely has some disadvantages, and I found it hard to be sensible with my money and diet.  When I lived in Manchester, I used to cheer myself up with chocolate if I’d had a bad day at uni.  And to celebrate the good days at uni.  And then as a reward for making it into uni at all!  I hated that I was gaining weight, but didn’t know what to do about it.
 
I’m not the most motivated person in the world, but it’s been encouraging to see and feel the progress over the past few months.  My jeans are too big for me, as is my winter jacket.  I do feel a little bit better about myself, although that’s very much a work in progress.  I would love to keep going and lose another half stone, at least.  Of course the challenge now is to keep the weight off, and maintain it.  Especially over the next few weeks of turkey, bread sauce and chocolate coins.  But I’m hoping once the weather improves that I might feel better about going out for walks, take up pilates or even try going swimming again.
 
Now pass me a mince pie!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment