Friday 15 January 2016

Starting Out

Fifteen days down and so far I've managed to take a photo everyday!  There are times where I feel like I'm taking a photo for the sake of it, having got to the end of the day and not taken enough time to pause and look.  And there are things which aren't easy to photograph - a phone conversation with a friend, seeing some blue sky as I drive to work, a great song on the radio...
 
But there are also days when I know that I'm intentionally setting out to look for something that will make me smile.  And it's that word 'intentional' that has been a big help to me already.  I've talked a lot with my counsellor about getting to a place where I can make choices, rather than just resorting to my defaults.  And I feel like this is a big step forward in that.  I'm choosing to go out for a walk even if it is cold and I'd rather stay inside.  Instead of putting my head down and getting through the day, I'm stopping to get back out of my car to take a photo of the ice on the roof (even if there is a guy trying to park right next to me at the time, and even if I am running late for work).  I'm thinking about how I enjoy wrapping presents for people.  I'm enjoying using Instagram and deciding which filter to use or which hashtags to tag my photo with.
 
I'm not saying I've turned into someone who dances down the road with birds and squirrels following me...  But I know this project is helping.  I know this is good for me.
 
So here are my photos so far.  You should hopefully be able to click on the image to see a larger version.  And even if you don't have Instagram, you can check this link to see the photos that I add: www.instagram.com/muhanga12
 
 
Day 1: Fairy lights on trees, Byres Road; Day 2: Mmm, chocolate pudding; Day 3: Mugdock Park; Day 4: Holly bush in Hyndland; Day 5: A day in Edinburgh with my bestie; Day 6: My mum trying on Christmas wreaths in Dobbies (ok, I made her do it); Day 7: Pretty copper star lights above my bed; Day 8: Last long lie of the holidays; Day 9: Wrapping presents & watching Netflix

 
Day 10: Chilling with some candles; Day 11: Chocolate bunny to hurry Spring along; Day 12: You know you live in Glasgow when buckfast is the special offer on the door; Day 13: Ice patterns on my car; Day 14: Amazing light and shadows in the Botanic Gardens; Day 15: Pizza Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment