Saturday 6 October 2012

Safari in Akagera

In June we went on a safari trip to Akagera National Park, over in the east of Rwanda.  This was an incredible experience.  It's one thing seeing these animals in a zoo, but it's so much better and more exciting seeing them in their natural habitat!  We were allowed to get out of the van at one point, and it was amazing to be a just a few metres away from a mother and baby giraffe.  They seemed so relaxed, stopping to have a look at us before casually wandering off into the distance.  I will never forget the feeling of standing on that savannah, seeing these majestic (if slightly gangly!) creatures and thinking 'wow, I'm in Africa!' 
 
Me and a buffalo skull!







Baby giraffe - I wanted to put it in my pocket and take it home with me!



Heading off into the savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment