Tuesday 3 June 2014

A good place to start

On reflection I wish I had included a few more items on my list that were one-offs rather than things that might take a while.  When I write to do lists, I often put in a couple of things that I've already done, so I can score them off straight away.  A wee boost to start me off!  But there will be no such cheating here. :)

I haven't completed anything yet, but I've definitely made some progress...

20. Upcycle 2 things from a charity shop (non-textiles)
I found the necklace pictured on the left in a charity shop in town today - just what I had been looking for.  Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, I wanted to combine the chain with another necklace, which I think I might have got in Lanzarote, but never wear.  And so the two necklaces became the one pictured on the right.  I'm really looking forward to wearing it.  Not bad for £2.



16. Do a 30 day photography project
My good friend Lynsey texted me on Sunday with a suggestion of a photo-a-day challenge she had seen on Instagram.  Each day of the month has a different word/ theme and you take a photo to capture your interpretation of this.  Perfect!  This photo was from day 1 - joy.  A hot chocolate to cheer me up on a rainy Sunday afternoon.  It's early days, but I'm enjoying thinking of what to photograph for each day and it's good to have moral support from Lynsey.



12. Take up piano again and learn to play 6 new songs
This photo was actually from day 2 of the photoaday challenge - 'doing'.  I dug out my old keyboard from home and brought it through to the flat.  So far I've practiced every day and am pleasantly surprised that I can still play it.  I'm learning how to read music again and rediscovering muscles in my hands - stretching an octave is harder than it used to be!  I have some sheet music for Coldplay and so far can just about play 'Life is for living' (secret track on the Parachutes album).  It's short and quite simple, so a good place to start.  I tried to play along while listening to it on my ipod last night, but I'm not quite at that stage just yet!


By the end of this month I'll have ticked off at least 2 items, which I'm looking forward to.  It's good for me to have something to work on, and I really need these small achievements/ encouragements at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment