Monday 25 June 2012

It's the final count down...

Just a quick update as it's not long since I last blogged but I'm never sure when I'll next have internet access...

Life continues to be quiet, but we're making the most of our time and finding things to keep us occupied.  On Saturday we had our last teaching sessions at Compassion.  I can't say I'll miss it, but it's been a good experience and interesting to have some involvement.  I think one of the most useful things I taught was that the UK was made up of 4 countries, not just England!!  We tried to play some games with them as a fun way to end our time, but trying to explain a game to over 200 children through a translator isn't the easiest task.  Add balloons to that and you have chaos!  On Sunday we went to 2 services, the second of which is probably the best church we've been to so far.  Shame we only have 1 Sunday left here!  We've also been visiting some of the staff and people we know here for tea and dinner.  More juice and jam labelling today.

I continue to have mixed feelings about staying here and going home, but I think that's normal and just part of the process of coming to the end of an experience like this.  I don't know what to expect from life at home, and worry about not fitting back in but also about fitting back in too well.  There must be a balance somewhere, and I expect I will find it in time (this goes back to the comfortably uncomfortable idea).  Meanwhile I'm enjoying my time left in Rwanda and being with the team - I'm going to miss them a lot!

Thanks for prayers about sleep and bites - both have slightly improved, which is good. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dorothy, your Mum30 June 2012 at 22:53

    Polishing specs ready for all the photos.
    Doing arm exercises ready for the hug.
    Getting excited...
    My girlie is coming home in a week.
    YIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, Margaret McWh here again. So you've come to the end of it all. I'm trying to work out when you are home and thinking it might be this weekend(9 July)as I write. Tensely watching tennis final. Look forward to seeing you soon anyway, with or without the bites!!!! They'll fade but all you've learned, whether you are aware of it right now or not, won't.

    ReplyDelete