Thursday 8 January 2015

Fabric Habits

17. Make an item of clothing for myself
 
Technically a scarf is an accessory rather than an item of clothing.  But hey, this is my list, so I get to choose the rules!
 
I've had this butterfly fabric for a few years, having intended on making it into a top or something, but changed my mind.  So in it went, into the murky (but super organised) depths of one of my fabric boxes.  I've brought it out a few times, looked at it and then folded it back up and put it back in the box (a frequent occurrence with many of the fabrics in there).  But in November, I finally chopped it up and sewed it into a snood scarf, and bought some turquoise pompom trimming to put round the edge.  I just finished sewing that on last night, so here it is being worn today.  Not very technical or skilled, but it's something that I made for myself.
 


1 comment:

  1. I like the scarf. Have I seen it though? I can vouch for the organised, tidy stash of fabric. Is there another way?

    your lovely Mum

    ReplyDelete