Saturday 3 March 2012

4 days to go

After a couple of days of productive (but tiring) shopping, I feel slightly more ready for going away for 4 months.  I have enough savlon, suncream and plasters for a small army... well perhaps not that much, but I certainly look prepared!

I must admit I feel slightly less scared than I did when writing my last post.  It does feel very surreal, but the thought that I will be in Africa (for the first time) in a few days is really exciting!  There is still a fair bit on my to do lists (yes, I have more than one list) but it's gradually reducing.

I'm exhausted and in some ways wish I'd finished work sooner so I could have more time to prepare and relax.  It's been a stressful and busy last couple of weeks.

Speaking in church tomorrow morning for a few minutes.  It will be good to let people know what I'm up to, but I can't say I am looking forward to having to stand up in front of everyone.  Don't like being the centre of attention.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you getting excited! Africa is an amazing place and you'll prob get the bug and want to go back!!
    Hope speaking in church went ok. Don't fancy doing that myself! Have a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your Mum, Dorothy4 March 2012 at 19:31

    Having promised not to leave the first comment, now I can speak. Katie, your interview with Helen this morning was excellent! I felt proud of you speaking briefly but honestly about your stuggles, disappointments and uncertainty. Often we give the impression that life is very different from the reality because we fear lack of acceptance. Obviously many of us have issues which may be suitable for a public forum but from the reactions I heard this morning, your interview encouraged people. Your blog has that refreshing honesty also. You survived being the centre of attention and carried it off with dignity. Well done!

    ReplyDelete