Wednesday 7 March 2012

Material girl

So I think I've just about finished packing...  I'm sure I'll have things that I never use and things that I use all the time.  And I'll possibly think of stuff that I should have brought but didn't!

As I've been packing today I've also been thinking of the things I will miss:


I feel it makes me look a bit vain and materialistic.  But as Madonna once said, 'We are living in a material world'.  Perhaps it just makes me look normal.

Other things I will miss (aside from friends and family):
- plastic bags (you're not allowed them in Rwanda)
- my laptop
- radio
- the shower
- my bed
- TV
- having my own space

Yes, I think I'm probably fairly normal in these things.  Can't quite think ahead to getting on that plane.  Still wondering why on earth I'm doing this and how did it creep up on me like this.  I thought I would feel more ready than this - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually...  But I guess you can never really prepare for something like this, especially when there are so many unknowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment