Monday 5 March 2012

Bacon rolls and creme eggs

I've been feeling all over the place today and have spent most of the day in denial about the things that I still need to do and about the fact that I leave so soon.  As much as I would like to have had more time to prepare, it's the waiting around that is getting to me.  The less time I have to worry, the better! 

I'm still scared about forgetting something, not having enough or having too much.  I've not started packing yet, but everything is sitting out in the spare room ready to go in my bags tomorrow.  When I went to the Dominican Republic in 2003, two of my friends came over to help me pack.  Lynsey and Keri very kindly helped me sort my things out and pack my rucksack.  As soon as they left, I emptied the rucksack and started again from scratch!  (Sorry guys, I don't think I've ever told you that but I'm sure it doesn't surprise you!)  So I'll be packing on my own tomorrow!

One of the good things about going away is that I have an excuse to meet up with friends and eat cake.  (Not that I normally need an excuse for either of these activities)  And I also get to enjoy treats like bacon rolls and creme eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment