Thursday 1 March 2012

Feeling the fear

So it's now only 6 days till I go to Rwanda.  In some ways I just want to be there now!  I applied to Tearfund to go on this trip last October, so it has felt like a long way off for quite a while.  But now it's March and I leave so soon, and there is still so much to do.

I'm feeling really scared - what if I can't cope, what if it's too hot, what if I can't teach, what if I don't fit in...  I'm trying to remember why I said I wanted to do this, and instead I just feel frightened and panicky.  I don't feel I have much to offer to the other girls I'm going with, or to RDIS, the organisation we'll be working with.  I've been trying to make sure that I have everything that I might need so I can pack.  But I don't really know what I'll need!  There are so many unknowns.

This is so far out of my comfort zone, I suppose it's normal to feel worried.  But I don't like it.  I have at least 4 lists on the go, in order to try and feel a bit more in control.  I'm procrastinating and feel very distracted.  I'm tired, and rather than having a relaxing last week at home, I'm trying to fit too much in and am not getting the things done that need doing.

Why am I doing this again?!

No comments:

Post a Comment